Tuesday, January 12, 2010


Hey All-
Blogging here from France where I'm doing an INTENSIVE study of the French language and culture. Real exciting things happening, but also stressful. Missing home. Missing Teva. Thinking of things I miss, that we've shared on our journey together. So I've posted them here with the hope to make you smile (and a little shall we say excited?)



Gorp. Nothing better than a high protein mixture of peanuts, M &M's and raisins to get you going for the day. Kirkland does a nice commercial mixture, but Lisa and I prefer to do our own home grown organic stuff with all products from whole foods or local californian producers (even though we do cheat a little with the M&M's. Teva's so good but I just cannot resist them!) Seriously though, any gorp will get you through a tough spot or a moment of fatigue
or dehydration. There just good ole raisins and peanuts!


Making pottery. There's nothing like a good pottery class to get your week started. Every important culture has embraced the art of pottery making from the Aztecs to the Nudist Colony I used to stay at over in Rancho Gordo. Teva and I take a weekly course and there really is nothing like feeing the slipping of clay on moist fingertips as you invent a wonderful creation. (There are several ways to do that might I add but pottery is the one I'm talking about ;))

Melissa Etheridge and K.D Lang. Melissa's cover of Springsteen's Born to Run is a force to be reckoned with and K.D's Watershed Tour was an inspiration for artists of all types, shapes and sizes around the world. They're duet Sleep While I Drive is a must itunes download for any new fans.



Fandango. Fandango revolutionized the way we think about Cinema. Baby how great is it when you and I are chilling at Katie and Marie's home in Topanga and we can just pop up movietimes with the click of a button. And for those of you that don't know, when your a member (which of course we are) you get Fandango bucks which is fuckin' awesome! Plus it's an eco-friendly company. All movie updates and tickets are entirely paper free online, which is always a plus for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment